Working with a Realtor
Working with a Realtor helps to insure that you have a great experience when you decide to buy or sell a home. Agency relationships differ from state to state and it is important to know the role that your agent plays. Here is a link to help you better understand agency relationships in South Carolina.
Some helpful hints on finding and working with a Realtor®:
- Ask friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers for referrals.
- Trust your intuition.
- Share with your REALTOR as much as possible about your lifestyle, tastes, needs and dreams for your home.
- Focus your search on a few geographic areas.
Asking the Right Questions:
- How well do you know the area(s) that interest me? A REALTOR who knows the area or neighborhood you are interested in is extremely beneficial to you.
- How many other buyers and sellers do you currently represent? You want A REALTOR who will give you personalized attention, answer your calls quickly and communicate with you often. Keep in mind, though, many busy, experienced REALTORS are the most efficient.
- Will you handle all aspects of my transaction or will you delegate some tasks to an Administrative Assistant? If you choose to work with a busy agent, a knowledgeable assistant can be very helpful when you have questions or need immediate attention.
Contact some clients that have worked with the agent and ask them about their experience and ask the REALTOR for testimonials from satisfied customers.